UK Belt Conveyor manufacturer
Spaceguard is an ideal partner for the manufacture of belt conveyors. Built to your specific requirement. Spaceguard manufacture a wide range of both standard and custom made conveyor belts. Whether your requirement is an powder coated industrial belt, or stainless steel for food industry application. Spaceguard belt conveyors are proven and will be a reliable addition to your process line. These can include even the most arduous of environments. Built in our UK manufacturing site, to industry standards, using quality components,. You can be sure of a low maintenance, reliable conveyor. Delivered to your specifications. At a competitive price.
Please contact our sales team to discuss your requirements: By Phone: 01482 363445 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Why buy Spaceguard conveyors
- Proven reliable conveyor equipment.
- UK Manufacturer.
- Competitive pricing and short lead times.
- Use of only proven quality components.
- Choice of drum motors or geared motor drive.
- Standard and bespoke conveyor manufacturer
- High levels of customer service.
- Where possible delivered fully assembled and wired.
- On site installation available.
Conveyor Control Panels
Whether you require a simple start / stop and variable speed panel. Or something more complex. Spaceguard conveyors are delivered fully wired and assembled. Ready for work. Or installed by our installation team. Conveyors are supplied with operation, maintenance & compliance manuals.
Belt conveyor control
Other products manufactured in the UK by Spaceguard
Commonly used Belt Conveyor Terminology
- Bed: The steel section of the framework the belt runs on.
- Bed Length: The length of the above.
- Bed Width: Width of the overall frame.
- Belt clip: Mechanical fastener used to join both ends of the belt.
- Belt Length: The endless length of the conveyor belt.
- Belt Scraper: Section fitted to underside of the belt to scrape off debris.
- Belt Speed: The speed of the conveyor.
- Belt Width: Width of conveyor belt.
- Brake motor: Used on an incline to brake the belt – preventing the conveyor belt rolling back.
- Castors: Wheels normally used to move the conveyor around.
- Ceiling hanger: Type of support used to suspend the conveyor from the ceiling.
- Centre drive: Position of drive motor, normally underneath on longer conveyors – or small end pulley belts.
- Control panel: Enclosure with the electrical components to used power and control the conveyor
- Crowned pulley. A machined angled to the surface normally of the drive and idler rollers.
- Decline conveyor: Conveyor used for downhill transport – normally fitted with grip face belt.
- Drive: Either geared motor of drum motor – used to transmit power to the belt.
- Drum motor: Drive motor is built within the pulley.
- Emergency pull cord: Length of coated wire stretching the length of the conveyor. Works like a emergency stop button
- Emergency stop button: Push button used to stop the belt in an emergency – (requires a safety relay within the control panel).
- Flow: Direction of conveyor.
- Guide rail: Either fixed or adjustable bars or plates used to either contain or to guide the product on the belt conveyor.
- Idler pulley: Non driven roller
- Inclined conveyor: Conveyor transporting product up a slope.
- Lagged pulley: Rubber material bonded to the surface of the drive pulley to increase friction.
- Motor: Normally electric, used to power the conveyor
- Photo electric cell: Electric control device used to sense a product on the conveyor
- Pop out roller: A gravity transfer roller fitted to the end of the conveyor, designed to eject if something is dragged in.
- Power feeder: Horizontal section fitted at the top and bottom of an incline conveyor, used to transfer products from incline to horizontal
- Pulley: Drive and idler pulleys – rollers at the end of the conveyor
- Shaft mounted: referring to the geared motor type and position. When using a hollow bore geared motor.
- Slider bed: Same as bed.
- Snubbing roller: Fitted to the underside of the belt, used to track the belt.
- Support: Steel fabricated structure, used to position the belt conveyor at the required height.
- Tail Pulley: Non drive end pulley.
- Take up: Jacking mechanism to put tension onto the belt.
- Under guard: Sometimes fitted to the underside of conveyors to prevent access to the underside of the belt. Can cause nip points.
- Variable speed: Means of adjusting the speed of the belt – normally inverter within the panel.